If you find any broken links, please advise the site administrator.
The Ramblers Association
- The Homepage of Britains walking charity: http://www.ramblers.org.uk/
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays: http://www.ramblersholidays.co.uk/
- The Ramblers database of walks: Ramblers Routes
- Walks around Moffat, including the Moffat Walking Festival: http://www.visitmoffat.co.uk/things-to-do/walking
- Walks around Langholm: http://www.langholmwalks.co.uk/
- The Southern Upland Way is a long distance footpath through the region. read more at: http://www.southernuplandway.gov.uk/cms/
- Walk Highlands has a large collection of routes with maps and photos: http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/galloway
- Walk Scotland also has many walks: http://www.walkscotland.com/area8.htm
- Read more about this region at: http://www.visitscotland.com
- HF Holidays: http://www.hfholidays.co.uk
Check the weather!
General weather forecasts are OK for around town, but out in the hills conditions can be quite different. The following sites feature specialist forecasts which may be more helpful.
- Mountain Weather Information Service has detailed forecasts: The Southern Uplands and The Lake District
- Met Office forecasts for mountain areas, national parks etc.: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/specialist-forecasts
- Will it Rain Today? features a rain radar covering the previous two hours: http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
- The Lake District Weatherline checks conditions from the top of Helvellyn throughout the winter months: http://www.lakedistrictweatherline.co.uk/home
- Ever wondered what those distant hills are called? Check which summits are visible at: http://viewfinderpanoramas.org/